Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better

Law #5: There will always be someone who is more than you.
That's Neil deGrasse Tyson.  He is infinitely a greater geek than I.  I have no problem with that.  I just think he's awesome.  Follow him on Twitter, he's hilarious.  But I digress.  Point I'm making here is that no matter what you think of yourself there is always someone out there who is more of it.  There's always someone richer.  Always someone prettier/more handsome.  Always someone with a more busted life than yours.  Always someone living a better life than yours.  Yes, more goes both ways.  Get the point?  So small piece of advice.  If you want to be the best at something, do it for yourself; not to be better than someone else.

P.S.  It's ok to brag to yourself that you're the best there is at what you do...but really, just keep that to yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment